Fall Gardening for Spring Florals

Reaction score
I've read somewhere that fall is a perfect season to plant some flowering shrubs especially if you are renovating a garden and expecting a new look come spring season. I have always planted in the spring and summer; thus, fall gardening is going to be a new experience for me. I also like the suspense of not seeing the shrubs until spring. This will be a pleasant surprise.

What flowering shrubs have you planting in the fall which grew successfully in spring? I would love to read about your experiences.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is suggested that it is best to wait until the soil temperature is 60 degrees and below before you start to plant your fall bulbs for spring flowers. In my area that would be today, it is cold and wet outside, Must people will plant Tulips and Daffodils to bloom in the spring. I am not a big lover of Tulips so I think I will look into getting som Daffodils into the ground before it gets to much colder out.

Reaction score
Yes its true - fall is an excellent time for planting many things and often a very busy time too - especially as this a good time of year for planting

Evergreen shrubs
Winter and spring flowering bulbs
Hardy perennials
Trees - both ornamental and fruiting varieties

as well as - for propagating many woody plants, transplanting and dividing hardy perennials and very definitely the very best time for sowing perennial seeds :)

Ask a Question