Fall gardening

Reaction score
Just wanted everyone's opinions about what they plant in the fall. I live in the US's midwest so my fall days are cooler, not very rainy. The first frost usually hits us around late October to mid November. What do you plant in the fall?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am just beginning to think about fall. I hope to plant some Mums for color. This is a new house for me so I am not sure what I want to do to the yard other than make the front low maintenance and add more color.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Fall is always a very busy time for me, so I go to my garden only to look at beautiful, red and yellow leaves, and to harvest some walnuts:D I love them! They're healthy and yummy!
But I think I'll find a few hours to plant tulips.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have never really had a garden in the fall, but I would love to start growing some squash. I just love the colors and smells of fall. I really start to get fancy with the cooking during that time of year.

Reaction score
I have never really had a garden in the fall, but I would love to start growing some squash. I just love the colors and smells of fall. I really start to get fancy with the cooking during that time of year.
Is it too late to plant squash? I guess not. I was thinking about growing some more lettuce.

Reaction score
I think I may grow spinach, collards, swiss chard, collard greens and maybe brussel sprouts. This will be my first fall garden in mid america so I hope everything turns out well. I wish I could garden year around.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think now would be the perfect time to grow squash, at least in the Northwest. I do think it would be too late to try pumpkins though since October is only a couple of months away.

Ask a Question