Fairy Garden Crazy!

Any advice, tips, any hints on other plants to use would be appreciated

• Succulents are pretty small

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Very pretty

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi recently I have developed a love for all things succulent so I started out making succulent arrangements in all different vessels, now my hobby has evolved into mini gardens and I am having so much fun doing it. Some of these gardens are for the inside though, they make really nice centerpieces or ornaments in the house. Please let me know what you think and any advice is welcome too.

Attachments

• My1stfairygarden.jpg
    My1stfairygarden.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 644
  • Fairy Garden XL 1.jpg
    Fairy Garden XL 1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 708
  • Fairygarden5.jpg
    Fairygarden5.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 607
  • fairygarden4.jpg
    fairygarden4.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 574
  • fairygarden3.jpg
    fairygarden3.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 596
Reaction score
Those are so beautiful! The ones I liked the most are the ones that are in transparent containers, I'd need to feel a bit daring to use the colored ones to create miniature fairy gardens. Very good job :love: I bet you get tons of compliments on them!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sooo cute! I want one! Are those mini cactuses or something else? I think you should make one with a little pond in the center and have butterflies and fairies sitting upon lilypads in the middle. The rest of the garden could be mini ferns and grasses and stuff, that would also be very cute.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Your fairy gardens are really adorable, Rikki:) I like them all! If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy those cute, little ladybugs? They're very pretty:)
I've always had a soft spot for fairies and ladybugs:D

Reaction score
Those are adorable! I would love making these little fairy gardens. Where do you buy the accessories for them?

Hi LindaKay- I get the accessories from everywhere, the lady bugs are stickers I found in a craft section on a $2 store. Most of the fairies are also from there, then I just try and pick things up from op shops and garage sales oh and markets. I am in Australia where are you ?

Reaction score
Those are so beautiful! The ones I liked the most are the ones that are in transparent containers, I'd need to feel a bit daring to use the colored ones to create miniature fairy gardens. Very good job :love: I bet you get tons of compliments on them!

Thank you soo much for your kind words, I do get a few compliments I guess I just have to approach the right sort of people. I have sold a couple too so there are people out there that like them. I use a glass salad bowl for transparent containers but you can use anything. I am now really inspired to use other things such as baskets and I like using and matching the accessories to the colour of the containers. :)

Reaction score
Sooo cute! I want one! Are those mini cactuses or something else? I think you should make one with a little pond in the center and have butterflies and fairies sitting upon lilypads in the middle. The rest of the garden could be mini ferns and grasses and stuff, that would also be very cute.

Hello, thank you

I am in Australia where are you ?
I am using succulents of all varieties as they are the easiest plants to keep alive. I love the idea of the pond .. thank you heaps I have recently started making one with a rock pool and I love the idea of butterflies and fairies on lily pads. I am also growing some moss to put in them too, so it makes it look very magical and enchanted. Thank you again for your ideas ! I will post a photo when I make one like that. (y)

Reaction score
Your fairy gardens are really adorable, Rikki:) I like them all! If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy those cute, little ladybugs? They're very pretty:)
I've always had a soft spot for fairies and ladybugs:D

Hi Claudine, thank you very much for your words of kindness.
I buy the accessories from little $2 shops they are called here in Australia, You might be able to find them in your 99 cent stores. I also buy things from craft stores. I love all things fairy, butterfly, ladybug- magical stuff basically. I am soo obsessed with this new hobby I feel like a little kid again :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hi Claudine, thank you very much for your words of kindness.
I buy the accessories from little $2 shops they are called here in Australia, You might be able to find them in your 99 cent stores. I also buy things from craft stores. I love all things fairy, butterfly, ladybug- magical stuff basically. I am soo obsessed with this new hobby I feel like a little kid again :)
Thank you for your response. I live in Europe, but I saw a few stores like this here too. I'll check them out and I'll look for ladybugs:)
It's nice to feel like a kid, isn't it? It's exciting:) I love all magical things as well:love:

Reaction score
Thank you soo much for your kind words, I do get a few compliments I guess I just have to approach the right sort of people. I have sold a couple too so there are people out there that like them. I use a glass salad bowl for transparent containers but you can use anything. I am now really inspired to use other things such as baskets and I like using and matching the accessories to the colour of the containers. :)

Awesome! Have you ever thought of creating terrariums too? I hve seen some really beautiful ones, the people who make them use a very wide variety of crystal containers, most of them use succulent too. Here are some of my favs:

terrarium-tw.jpg

il_570xN.387619036_b9n7.jpg

james-modern-bespoke-terrarium.jpg

how-to-make-a-fairy-garden-terrarium.jpg

Terrariums+9.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These terrariums are beyond gorgeous, Trellum, I'm sure that many fairies would love to have a house like this;):D My favorite is the one with tiny mushrooms and daisies, it looks really lovely, it's like a close-up on grass in a forest:)

Reaction score
Awesome! Have you ever thought of creating terrariums too? I hve seen some really beautiful ones, the people who make them use a very wide variety of crystal containers, most of them use succulent too. Here are some of my favs:

terrarium-tw.jpg

il_570xN.387619036_b9n7.jpg

james-modern-bespoke-terrarium.jpg

how-to-make-a-fairy-garden-terrarium.jpg

Terrariums+9.jpg

I love the last terrarium with the bunnies and the mushrooms because it's whimsical and kind of childlike. It looks like the bunnies are grazing.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The terrariums look like they were made from dreams, I like the one with the lille house the most. They are all beautiful. I have seen people make terrariums in old fish tanks also.

Ask a Question