New to Fairy Gardens, need help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi all,
I work for a non profit and we have an outdoor learning environment that we want to tie in a literacy fairy garden to. We have groups of 3-4 trees in different areas of this space and are thinking of one space being the Hundred acre wood, one being dedicated to Little Red Riding hood, Hansel and Gretel, etc. My question is: these gardens will be exposed to many different elements. What kind of protection do I need to put on these mini gardens? Is there a specific type of sealant? Is it better to attach the doors to the trees? Or use small steaks and push them into the ground as close to the trunk as possible? I will likely have to change out some of the decor every few months or so, depending on what route we decide to go with in the way of decor. It would be fun to change it seasonally...Our goal is to bring families and child care facilities to the area to share stories, ask questions, and utilize both our literacy area and outdoor learning environment.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Katie

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi, I know this is an older post but I could help answer your questions if it is still needed. :love:

Ask a Question