Fairy lights

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
At a festival in my little town very recently there was a pop up bar in a little ol building down a lane right in the town centre. It's an old bakery with gaps everywhere and was just great. It has been decorated really interestingly. A chandelier made up of twigs tied together and laced with fairly lights. I really want to hang one from a branch somewhere in my garden. It also had a set of 3 wall features which were once again twigs tied together in the centre and spraying out in a circle. I have a bluestone wall which I hope to get around to doing. I hope I have painted the picture because they really looked great. We have a big block and always have branches and sticks everywhere so collecting the materials is easy and no cost which is a bonus. Luckily we have an open fire to use up most of the branches.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
At a festival in my little town very recently there was a pop up bar in a little ol building down a lane right in the town centre. It's an old bakery with gaps everywhere and was just great. It has been decorated really interestingly. A chandelier made up of twigs tied together and laced with fairly lights. I really want to hang one from a branch somewhere in my garden. It also had a set of 3 wall features which were once again twigs tied together in the centre and spraying out in a circle. I have a bluestone wall which I hope to get around to doing. I hope I have painted the picture because they really looked great. We have a big block and always have branches and sticks everywhere so collecting the materials is easy and no cost which is a bonus. Luckily we have an open fire to use up most of the branches.

There is no end to ideas when it comes to enhancing the look of a landscaped garden. I would suggest you go for it if your mind is set on it. I remember using rock lights for a waterfall. These hollow rocks were made of fiberglass.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The twigs chandelier sounds very pretty. If there is a place for me to hang something in my back yard, I would, especially those that are powered by the sun. My son loves to have friends over for a camp fire, and this light would give them a bit of an ambient mood :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I'm sure your son would appreciate the twig cha dele to share with his mates. I'll attempt to add a pic of the one I saw. I forget, the photo is on my phone, not my iPad. Will try to work it out.

Ask a Question