Fairy gardens anyone?

Reaction score
Looking at my fennel, dill, cilantro and other herbs so lush and beautiful before I harvested them I was wondering if I could have made a little fairy garden with figurines and little houses among my lovely looking and sweet smelling herbs.
Does anyone here have a little fairy garden? Would you want to share some of your own pictures here?

Here are some cute looking ones...
Fairy-Garden-1024x7341.jpg

fairy-sightings.jpg

fairygarden01.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've lost the other pics, but still have this one of the Gnomes Graveyard at our local Gnome reserve.

holiday016.jpg

Reaction score
@ zigs, that does look eerie :)
@ Claudine.. I knew you would love it :D
@ Flourishes .... It is really super cute.. and simple too :)
@ Calling coleen1, . I know what you mean.. makes to want to get some fairies and create one super cute garden :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have seen some wonderful doll-house type miniatures for fairy gardens, but for me it's like matching your indoor decor. I think a fairy garden is ideal in a shady spot of your yard (especially if you have children) or someplace where it can naturally blend in to your landscaping.

Reaction score
I have seen some wonderful doll-house type miniatures for fairy gardens, but for me it's like matching your indoor decor. I think a fairy garden is ideal in a shady spot of your yard (especially if you have children) or someplace where it can naturally blend in to your landscaping.
There is a little girl hiding inside each of us and a fairy garden is ideal for anyone any place :) If it is created in a huge container, it can be a little garden in itself..
I have been considering using an unused washbasin for creating a fairy garden. This can be placed under my coffee table... which has a clear glass and can be well lit...I am only planning all this in my head at the moment.. could only materialize when I move to my new home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
That's an interesting idea, Maddie. The only concern I could see would be to make sure the table wasn't in the path of direct sunlight so that the glass doesn't burn your plants. You could also have a little fairy garden in a terrarium if you don't have a lot of space.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
There is a little girl hiding inside each of us and a fairy garden is ideal for anyone any place :)

Oh, definitely there is:D . When I was a child I was always looking for fairies in tulip flowers. I don't do this anymore but I like to imagine they're really there, hidden in petals:)

Reaction score
LOL, Zigs, let me know the results of the scan :D

@ Channel, Nope there may not be much sunlight at all there... there is a lot of light but no direct sunlight. Yup the terrarium is also great for a fairy garden. We just need a bit of creativity to create something really beautiful.
@ LOL Claudine... I would also search for fairies in flowers and would never believe my mother that those things never existed...I knd of never gave up for a long time,.. :D

Ask a Question