Ever felt like this?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I am also thankful that my husband can fix most things, But with the fixing of most things also entails the objects to fix those things, which create lots of "stuff" in the basement which makes it messy, or in the shed, objects that will go years without using them. I am also good at fixing stuff, have fixed the toilet, changed faucets, put new lighting in the outdoors, changed sockets and so forth. My beef is, once I changed the lights on the deck to a different looking one, ol husband never noticed the change, 6 months goes by and still no comment.

anyway, as far as snooty or condescending folks the later cannot recall when that happened. But I think, knowing me, if it did, they'd be right chastised for their remark. As far as snooty women, I guess I just ignore those folks, if I have to associate with them for a moment in time, I would talk past them, as I figure their mental status is such that they have to conduct themselves due to insecurities, poor women.
Esther! Where are the tools?!!

I can only imagine of course, but it sounds fun!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Esther! Where are the tools?!!
Tools, in the basement, shed, or one of the garages. not just tools. but large things to cut stuff like wood. and chain saws (that we need) and a drill press (think that is what its called) a big thing. and lots of boxes of nails, and screws, and nuts and bolts and stuff like that. oh, and stuff for gutters on the house. And extra pieces of left over lumber from building stuff, and ply wood from past and future projects, and glue guns and glue. oh yes a nail gun, cork guns, and cork, you get the picture. and tarp, drop clothes, I am sure I forgot something. and then there are all the garden equipment and those tools. But then he will leave some garden tools out there, have to go hunting for them, instead of putting them back where they belong/or was found. Oh, yeah, a circular saw he has, and a jig saw, 2 or 3 drills, and lots of drill bits. now, my mind is tired .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Here's something which really does annoy me. We have huge numbers front and rear attached to our bungalow plus big numbers on the top glass panel above our front door; it's amazing how many blind people deliver to our door; once again a few minutes ago another envelope pushed through our letterbox but not for us; I've pushed it through the correct letterbox.
We have a long driveway, and get lots of deliveries as husband's company is run out of our home. 1/2 way up the drive, sitting on the side, and fairly large is a plastic bin with a sign on top, reads: for pick up and deliveries. you just have to open the door of it, and put the box inside, and close the door, nice and secure and out of the rain etc. and its 1/2 way up the 100 pace drive. But, no, some decide that resting it against the front door, of which we never use, is a good idea. As it is now dark when we come home, we can't see at the front door if there is a box. So then, husband will say---" I am expecting a certain delivery, he checks the box, nothing there. then one of us thinks about the front door and its there, it could have been there for a couple days we would never notice it there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Tools, in the basement, shed, or one of the garages. not just tools. but large things to cut stuff like wood. and chain saws (that we need) and a drill press (think that is what its called) a big thing. and lots of boxes of nails, and screws, and nuts and bolts and stuff like that. oh, and stuff for gutters on the house. And extra pieces of left over lumber from building stuff, and ply wood from past and future projects, and glue guns and glue. oh yes a nail gun, cork guns, and cork, you get the picture. and tarp, drop clothes, I am sure I forgot something. and then there are all the garden equipment and those tools. But then he will leave some garden tools out there, have to go hunting for them, instead of putting them back where they belong/or was found. Oh, yeah, a circular saw he has, and a jig saw, 2 or 3 drills, and lots of drill bits. now, my mind is tired .
I like this fellow! Seems to be looking forward rather than behind him where he left his tools. I can relate to that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We have a long driveway, and get lots of deliveries as husband's company is run out of our home. 1/2 way up the drive, sitting on the side, and fairly large is a plastic bin with a sign on top, reads: for pick up and deliveries. you just have to open the door of it, and put the box inside, and close the door, nice and secure and out of the rain etc. and its 1/2 way up the 100 pace drive. But, no, some decide that resting it against the front door, of which we never use, is a good idea. As it is now dark when we come home, we can't see at the front door if there is a box. So then, husband will say---" I am expecting a certain delivery, he checks the box, nothing there. then one of us thinks about the front door and its there, it could have been there for a couple days we would never notice it there.
You and @Colin have similiar delivery persons!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I like this fellow! Seems to be looking forward rather than behind him where he left his tools. I can relate to that.
Except that when he left the short bulb planter in the yard, tall grass grew around it, so when I ran the lawn mower in that area, it near about busted the lawn mower, and bent the planter up. I do not NEED to spend my time walking about looking for "what did you leave places before I cut the grass".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Except that when he left the short bulb planter in the yard, tall grass grew around it, so when I ran the lawn mower in that area, it near about busted the lawn mower, and bent the planter up. I do not NEED to spend my time walking about looking for "what did you leave places before I cut the grass".
Every woman should just judge those questions against the question of a new partner. Every Time. Its more fun that way, and you cannot just stay on the couch. Speaking as a partner of course.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Every woman should just judge those questions against the question of a new partner. Every Time. Its more fun that way, and you cannot just stay on the couch. Speaking as a partner of course.
Basically, most men are nuts out there, would just be exchanging nut for nut, different nut, but still a nut. As the saying goes, its cheaper to keep him.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Some of my favorite lines from James Fenimore Cooper:

Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...

Cora Munro: [interupting] Your Father?

Hawkeye: Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you.

Cora Munro: Oh, he did?

Hawkeye: He said "Do not try to understand them".

Cora Munro: What?

Hawkeye: Yes, and, "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".

Ask a Question