Earth Day 2017

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Girt is a westcountry word meaning big or huge :)
Ah, thanks zigs, i was thinking maybe the barrel is horizontal (from the Wiki meaning of girt)...now i see it is horizontal and really big:).

Last time i heard, the planet is several thousands of years over due for a change in polarity and i also have been thinking for awhile that we are on the edge of that event.

Also, fracking for oil has been causing some subterranean disturbances. Certainly they were not fracking in Cornwall in 1979. Do you know if fracking is taking place in Russia @Larisa?

Last edited:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Rumour has it that the Cornish underground sounds were due to missile silos being constructed to point nukes at America :cautious:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Rumour has it that the Cornish underground sounds were due to missile silos being constructed to point nukes at America :cautious:
:LOL:Oh that was a very wise move. I could say so many things right now that would really get me in trouble:oops: So i am going to button it up:ROFLMAO:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Guess we didn't trust a peanut farmer to run the country? :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I guess someone had a vision of the future:eek: Our peanut farmer was rock steady but he was not popular with the politicos in Washington because he is an honest man. He is an elegant man too (for a peanut farmer) and i think the Queen must have liked him very much.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I compost just about any thing I can, I have 2 rain barrels to use in the back gardens, I eat every little red meat, I eat lots of fresh chicken and turkey, I buy fresh fish when I can get to the fish market.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I see a lot of people mention rain barrels. As I said in my last post I also have a makeshift rain barrel; however, right now we're in somewhat of a minor drought and haven't had any rain for a while and my rain barrel is bone dry http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/RegionalDroughtMonitor.aspx?southeast

What I do is collect water from washing dishes and I have a container catching condensation runoff from my AC unit. It actually provides plenty of water for me, I currently have a five gallon container sitting outside waiting to be used.

Just an idea for anyone who also may be in a dry spell.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
It is done in the US as well so they can point their fingers at each other and say "bad, bad, country" :LOL: Generally, i think the scientists are opposed to this practice in any country unless they work for the oil companies.:cautious:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Some people think that the planet is big. They do not live where they destroy. But it is not known what consequences may be in the future. The planet is not really a hunting ground.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
When i was very young i thought of my "neighbors" as the people on my block and as i grew i started thinking of my neighbors as the people in my town or city, as the people in my state, as the people in my country, and now as the people on the planet we share. Population wise we are now at two times critical mass of population that the planet can provide for. So, we are going to have to be very clever. We have shamelessly reproduced like bunnies, and here we all are.:eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I see a lot of people mention rain barrels. As I said in my last post I also have a makeshift rain barrel; however, right now we're in somewhat of a minor drought and haven't had any rain for a while and my rain barrel is bone dry http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/RegionalDroughtMonitor.aspx?southeast

What I do is collect water from washing dishes and I have a container catching condensation runoff from my AC unit. It actually provides plenty of water for me, I currently have a five gallon container sitting outside waiting to be used.

Just an idea for anyone who also may be in a dry spell.
Since the heat has turned up, my AC is producing at least 5-gallons of water per day, that along with my used dish-washing water goes a long ways in providing water to my garden.

Ask a Question