Indoor Plant! What on earth is it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have acquired this house plant, any ideas what it could be? I am also keen to know whether I would be able to encourage foliage growth back down the branch, rather than solely on the ends.

20170520_175055.jpg

Thank you for your help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Darko605. :) Unusual for me this is one of the few plants I can keep alive indoors, having had and grown them from cuttings for over 30 years.

They are temperamental and are best ignored almost completely. They need a warm preferably sunny position with no drafts and once you've found the right situation don't move it around. I found they are also best starved, water when you remember, perhaps a good soaking every two months or so and then forget them. I don't ever remember feeding mine even though they were in pots. They like their roots to be cramped so no need to pot on.

This one below was a third generation plant, almost 6ft tall. It stood in a north-west facing window that gave afternoon and evening sun and didn't mind the heat from the radiator in the winter months.
002.JPG

This little one I grew for my late mother and whilst still young she snapped the leading stem accidently. Looking like a Bonsai it didn't grow any taller over the years.
001.JPG

I no longer grow them but do miss having one about the house.

Ask a Question