Dwarf pixie mandarin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Need identification and how to treat my dwarf pixie mandarin naturally. It is outdoor in southern California

Attachments

• B11C2422-AE8A-4FD5-8116-908E6105DDE4.jpeg
    B11C2422-AE8A-4FD5-8116-908E6105DDE4.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 7
  • F1864BDF-3BF8-4738-9000-9D9A551CBB4E.jpeg
    F1864BDF-3BF8-4738-9000-9D9A551CBB4E.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That chewed on leaf is caused by a caterpillar. Spray with either a spinosad based product like Captian Jacks Bug Killer or a Bt (Bacillus thruingensis) product such as Monterey B.T. Fertilize with a good organic fertilizer such as Espoma Citrus Tone, Dr Earth or Happy Frog fertilizer liberally twice per year at the beginning of fall and spring. Make sure it gets a minimum of 8 hours of direct sunlight. Keep the soil out to the dripline covered with a couple of inches of good mulch. Keep soil damp, NOT WET

Reaction score
Country
United States
I appreciate your reply, will that help with the curled leaves as well? Southern California has gotten quite a bit of rain so I don’t think it’s weather related/ typically drought here. I’m in the desert

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I appreciate your reply, will that help with the curled leaves as well? Southern California has gotten quite a bit of rain so I don’t think it’s weather related/ typically drought here. I’m in the desert
I have to attribute the curled leaves to the weather. Many plants' leaves curl due to weather changes i.e. temps, wind, humidity etc. If you have had a lot of rain while the plant is in the ground this could possibly be the reason. If the rain continues and the soil stays wet, what will probably happen is that the leaves won't curl but they will droop, making you think it needs water and if continued to be wet the leaves will start to brown on the leaf tips and edges. So, hope the rains stop.

Ask a Question