Dwarf tree putted too much fertilizer

Reaction score
Country
Malta
I have a potted dwarf lemon tree...its 3 years now im keeping it..but every year it flowers and fall but only few fruits only 2 i had this tree years! Also i pruned it a bit now and gave her 20-20-20 fertilizer,pallettes like for rozes miracle grow realease small balls and sekwestrin this passed saturday!...im afraid i gave too much fertilization!
Can i remove few inches of yhe top compost to remove the fertilizer and also can i shape a bit its shape and prine it now to loook good apearance...photo attached! Any help pls maybe it can make me more fruit or i cant prune it now??

Attachments

• 142ed756-4896-448d-95e6-ebac0d4d8f28photo.jpeg
    142ed756-4896-448d-95e6-ebac0d4d8f28photo.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes, if you think you used too much fertilizer you can remove some. Don't dig down and expose the roots or you will do more damage. If there are visible pellets remove some of them. I wouldn't prune it unless it gets too big for the space. Citrus trees don't usually get pruned except for size. It probably needs more light to produce fruit. They prefer full sun.

Ask a Question