Dwarf Peach Tree losing some leaves ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
We bought a 2 year old dwarf peach tree from a local nursery about 5 months ago and we moved it from their plastic container to a 2' wide x 2' deep wood box (pressure treated). I do check the soil moisture and water every few days if needed. Its been healthy, full of good deep green leaves at the top for months but now seems to be dropping some leaves (which seem to be turning light green before they fall).

I was wondering if it is natural to drop some leaves in the middle of the summer...or sign of something I might want to deal with. It still looks healthy, no real browning or drying out or anything I can see. I am also thinking I should transplant it out of this box and get into the ground just to be safer too. It hasn't produced any peaches yet (nursery said it "may" next year)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It sounds pretty normal. The leaves that are falling are the oldest, least efficient ones. If the plant looks pale overall, you can give it some all-purpose food. Just leave it in the box, it's sufficient sized for several year's growth. You may need to water it more often unless it rains.

Ask a Question