Dry tomato plant leaves ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I hope everyone is having a good Easter break! I noticed the leafs on one of my tomato plants are very try and look like the photo attached. They are so dry the leaves could just crumble off, as am I am trying to contain my watering I have left these for a few days, do these need some water at this stage? Or is this normal?

Thank you xx

Attachments

• E3E79E47-815D-4A3B-B755-258B46DCCEF1.jpeg
    E3E79E47-815D-4A3B-B755-258B46DCCEF1.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 11
  • F23375DD-1677-4E4E-A4DA-F43601916837.jpeg
    F23375DD-1677-4E4E-A4DA-F43601916837.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 9

Twigs

Nature Hobbyist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone8
Country
United States
Water. Tomatoes love water...in pots and raised beds, must water daily.
Depending on the amount of present moisture of course.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That looks like you have it in a small pot. Time to move it into a larger pot ? Have a wonderful Easter today.
Heya thank you for your reply! Yes they are in rather smaller pots and I have buried most of the stem under the soil to create a stronger route system, was going to let them get a bit bigger until re pot, what do you think? Are they looking ready once recovered? Thank ya

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So when you put your finger in the soil an inch or so is it moist? I see you have straw, where is it from?
Hiya, yes the soil was dry an inch ish below so I gave it a nice water today and planning to leave it alone now in hopes to not over water for a week, I’m hoping once now watered then this tomato plant will recover! Should I continue watering throughout recovery or just the one soak and then leave? Thank you very much for your reply xx

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hiya, yes the soil was dry an inch ish below so I gave it a nice water today and planning to leave it alone now in hopes to not over water for a week, I’m hoping once now watered then this tomato plant will recover! Should I continue watering throughout recovery or just the one soak and then leave? Thank you very much for your reply xx
I just try to maintain moisture, I try not to drown them. In small pots I will mix up a liquid feed and spray the soil when needed. Try to have sanitary hands when checking, we carry all kinds of fungus and bacteria on our skin that we pick up touching things in the environment.

Ask a Question