Dry knees

Reaction score
Country
United States
Howdy can anyone recommend a way to keep knees dry so I can work in soggy garden. Have tried rain suits, ski suits and columbia rain pants, my knees still get wet. Short of scuba gear any ideas. Thank You Kindly, Peggy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

What is so important that you must work in a soggy garden? When my garden is really wet I damage more than I fix.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a kneeler like the one illustrated above as a present from my daughter. Forget the tool pouches, they are useless, and it never gets folded, more trouble than it's worth. The way up it is illustrated is not bad for sitting on, other way up is just right for working kneeling. If it is soggy/tilled I put a 4ft plank under it, it fits neatly into the upbend between the 'feet' and spreads the weight in a good, stable, way. The pad is good, but quite solid, if my bad knee is giving me gyp I sometimes put a soft kneeler on top of it, but it is fine normally.

Reaction score
Country
United States

What is so important that you must work in a soggy garden? When my garden is really wet I damage more than I fix.
Howdy Chuck, Nothing so important just like to be out in garden, Peggy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a kneeler like the one illustrated above as a present from my daughter. Forget the tool pouches, they are useless, and it never gets folded, more trouble than it's worth. The way up it is illustrated is not bad for sitting on, other way up is just right for working kneeling. If it is soggy/tilled I put a 4ft plank under it, it fits neatly into the upbend between the 'feet' and spreads the weight in a good, stable, way. The pad is good, but quite solid, if my bad knee is giving me gyp I sometimes put a soft kneeler on top of it, but it is fine normally.
Oliver, Thank you kindly for the suggestion, I will look into kneeler. Happy gardening, Peggy

Ask a Question