Don't just pick it up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone in discussion on the radio the other day was saying that squats are one of the best forms of exercise there is, lowering and raising your whole body weight using the largest muscles in the body. I hadn't thought of it that way, but I do squat to pick things up rather than bend over. It always felt like good exercise, and it saves you an aching back if you have to pick up things a number of times. They also said a few squats a day means you will still be able to get up from the toilet without help when you get old, something to aim for.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I do try and stay a bit fit. finished the day today by walking to the end of the garden and back four times as quickly as I could, just over a hundred paces each way. Not a big distance, but just enough to lift my heart and breathing rate.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I have no strength in my Legs. Can't hardly get out of Bed, can't get off the Toilet without help, got a Lift Chair. If I fall I'm there.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Squats and deadlifts are great exercises, especially for those of us that can't seem to stop the aging process. I've been going to the gym for years and now that I'm approaching 60, I still feel like I'm in my 20's...well, maybe my 30's.:ROFLMAO:

Lifting heavy weights keeps you young.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I do squats when I pull weeds and pick fruit from short shrubs. I have done that for so long my 16 & 18 year old get tried way before me. They constantly ask if I'm sorry yet. Not bad considering I'm about 3x older than them.

MOD

Ask a Question