Does this need repotting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody think this needs repotting. Any help or advice would be appreciated on these 2, got very tall quite quickly. Tomato plants

Attachments

• C54C7827-1B15-41FB-AFFE-E79DBE6BD7B3.jpeg
    C54C7827-1B15-41FB-AFFE-E79DBE6BD7B3.jpeg
    395.4 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It would be hard to re-pot them without damaging the plants because of their size. Bigger pots would be better but only thing I can think of is cutting down the sides of the ones they are in. It looks like you have trays under the pots with no holes, they need good drainage. Or maybe there is and I just can't see them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It would be hard to re-pot them without damaging the plants because of their size. Bigger pots would be better but only thing I can think of is cutting down the sides of the ones they are in. It looks like you have trays under the pots with no holes, they need good drainage. Or maybe there is and I just can't see them.
Hi thank you. Yeah there are hole in those trays. Would you keep letting it grow up or trim the top to maybe try get it to focus on other parts.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi thank you. Yeah there are hole in those trays. Would you keep letting it grow up or trim the top to maybe try get it to focus on other parts.
I like to let plants do their thing and grow. If you cut the top it will probably start growing 2 segments. Once the fruit sets it will put most of its energy into that and not so much growth. But honestly I am not very familiar with vine tomatoes, I mostly grow bush tomatoes. Personally I would let it grow.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I like to let plants do their thing and grow. If you cut the top it will probably start growing 2 segments. Once the fruit sets it will put most of its energy into that and not so much growth. But honestly I am not very familiar with vine tomatoes, I mostly grow bush tomatoes. Personally I would let it grow.
Thank you

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thank you

A plant will let you know if it is unhealthy or needs something. Just keep a close eye on it each day and let it do it's thing unless you see something wrong like yellowing leaves or spots, stuff like that. It will do it's thing as plants have done long before people walked the earth and as long as it's happy you will have some delicious tomatoes soon :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Those look like plastic pots, can you simply cut the bottom of the pot off and put it back on the ground so the roots can escape the pot and grow into the sod?

Ask a Question