Does drying herbs with the microwave ruin them?

Reaction score
Wow, thanks a lot for all that useful info, gata :) I must have sounded kinda paranoic when I brought up the bugs topic, is just they seem to be everywhere over here! Just yesterday a small spider jumped out from one small bag that had some cumin inside. It grossed me out completely, since it had even built a small home inside :eek: Yikes! I rather not think about that... about all those spiders hiding in every crevice! Maybe there are some near to my bed (n):eek: This year I found a lot stinky bugs inside the house... no idea how those things even get in. They gross me out as well... YIKES!!!!

Reaction score
I'm not an expert either:p So far, I've only tried drying my herbs in the kitchen and everything seems to be fine. They aren't under direct sunlight there, but the space is airy, because we always leave the door open.

Nice, according to what gata said... those are the ideal conditions to dry herbs indoors. For now I have to buy my herbs, but later on I might start drying my own just like you folks do :) We will see what kind of place I get in Holland. Hopely a nice apartment with plenty of light and good air circulation :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, thanks a lot for all that useful info, gata :) I must have sounded kinda paranoic when I brought up the bugs topic, is just they seem to be everywhere over here! Just yesterday a small spider jumped out from one small bag that had some cumin inside. It grossed me out completely, since it had even built a small home inside :eek: Yikes! I rather not think about that... about all those spiders hiding in every crevice! Maybe there are some near to my bed (n):eek: This year I found a lot stinky bugs inside the house... no idea how those things even get in. They gross me out as well... YIKES!!!!
It's the same here. Sometimes, I think that all bugs that normally live in my garden decided to spend winter in my house:eek:. There are so many of them here! Fortunately, like I said, they don't have access to the kitchen or to my room, so my herbs are safe:)

Reaction score

You're welcome - am glad that it helped, and that you will now be able to enjoy the taste of your home grown herbs, without having to worry about too many bugs having landed on them. :D
I know I shouldn't, but I did have to chuckle, when you said that a spider jumped out of a bag of cumin - especially as I was wondering , just how long it might have been living there and exactly what a jumping cumin covered spider might look like :D
To be honest I'm not sure that many people feel too happy about having bugs in the house, and especially those that get in the food. I know I don't and although we get a fair amount of spiders, as yet I haven't found any in the food, but I do have a terrible problem with earwigs and ants, and have to say, there are times that freak me out - like first thing in the morning, when I pour my first cup of coffee and a couple of boiled earwigs drop into my cup.:eek:

Reaction score
I would love to, but even if I found it... it's in a different language :( It looked like a very easy project tho :) Maybe one those days I can at least post some pictyures of it. If I ever find it, that is!
Well, you will come across it eventually, you'll wake up in the middle of the night and remember. Maybe you can draw it out - if it's simple it doesn't matter what language it's in.

Ask a Question