Do you fertilize?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Since I have been on this site, I have seen some amazing garden photos and mine look nothing like that. Do you use fertilizer in your gardens, or do you just have many more years growing experience than me?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Since I have been on this site, I have seen some amazing garden photos and mine look nothing like that. Do you use fertilizer in your gardens, or do you just have many more years growing experience than me?
All living organisms need food, especially plants, to thrive. I am sure we all "fertilize", whether it is from a bag labeled Fertilizer or by adding other nutrients to the soil. If you don't have healthy fertile soil you will not have plants like you see in the pics.

Reaction score
To be honest I think that fertilizers are overused - especially as many people see giving their plants extra fertilizer as a means of showing that they are caring for their plants - when in fact they may well be doing quite the opposite - as there many plants that actually don't like any extra fertilizer at all.

So in answer to your question as I'm not a great believer in using additional fertilizers - I very rarely ever use them - as I much prefer to feed my plants by providing them with a healthy nutrient rich soil - which I do by using organic materials :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I fertilize my miniature roses once a week. I noticed that they grow much faster when I do it and they produce more flowers:D So I'm sure it's good for them.
I don't fertilize plants that I grow outdoors, I don't think they need it.

Reaction score
I don't really use fertilizers on my plants. I don't really like adding fertilizers to them. A lot of people mistake putting fertilizers on plants as showing how much you care for them. They just dump whatever fertilizers randomly on them without doing the extra research on every single component found in the fertilizer and what it is for.

Reaction score
I try not using any fertilizers, but I do realize that not everything we eat is put back in the garden (the solid waste we produce on the toilet) and so I try to add as much soil as I can. I do add a bit of natural store-bought fertilizers from time to time to add minerals to the garden. The garden as always been pretty healthy.

Ask a Question