Do I Remove Weed Block?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Got a bed that I put Weed Block and Mulch in years ago.

Got a few weeds and Oak Sprouts been pulling them.

I'm thinking of planting other plants mostly Petunias. I'm wondering if I should pull the Weed Block or just plant for now and fill in with Mulch or Soil around the plants later.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd probably just leave it. The petunias will frost kill anyways so you could work on it in between seasons. As you have already found out the mulch finally breaks down into dirt so now there is a layer of dirt above the weed block which is now germinated seeds.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm counting on the Petunias to reseed.

Been out pulling of all things Oak Sprouts. Set some potted Ferns in there and moved some Petunias and Basil up on the Deck.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Australia
When it comes to planting those Petunias, you have a couple of options. You could either pull out the Weed Block and add some fresh Mulch or Soil around the plants later, or you can go ahead and plant them now and fill in the gaps with Mulch or Soil later. It's up to you and what works best for your garden.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Doing mulch or soil later it will be.

I was got on to the other day. My wife was trying to plant a couple Rose Bushes.

I told her she had to wait because I'm waiting on Fertilizer. I told her the hole had to be much bigger because the soil is so hard with our Clay she will have to put much looser soil in.

My Sons friend said well my Son just bought some soil. I told him I wanted to put some Fertilizer with it. He said well your Son just bought Fertilizer.

He didn't know the all of it my Son told me to use what I had and Fertilizer is gone. So now I'm waiting on Fertilizer to come today and tomorrow.

big rockpile

Ask a Question