21 Augst 2022 Remove cherry pits.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
https://durgan.org/2022/August 2022/21 Augst 2022 Remove cherry pits/HTML/ 21 Augst 2022 Remove cherry pits.
My method is to removing many at a time, The drawback is the cherries are a mash no longer identified which satisfies most cooking applications.
Method 1.There are indivual pliers for removing pits indivually which is slow and tedius. But the cherrie are left more or less complete.
Method 2. Cook until soft, mash to separate the pits, Wipe the cherries across a screen, mesh slightly smaller than the pits purchased in a hardwars store. The pits stay on the screen and the membranes passes through. Pictures indicate this method.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
The slurry is my invention. I found the preservation methods were wanting, so starting investigating and experimenting. I found pressure canning to be consistant and practical. I usually disliked hot water preserving of food as a child with a few exceptions. For better or worse.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you were to ever get cherries here, you'd better be up at first light to beat the birds back. Me and two of my neighbors have never gotten a single cherry off a tree. My cherry tree is long gone.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I have cherry tree. I place a moving balloon near the tree. The type one sees at gas stations to attract cutomers. Without it I get no cherries. Birds can strip almost in one night.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada

30 June 2019 Air Dancer​

Posted on 06/30/2019 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2019/June 2019/30 June 2019 Air Dancer/HTML/ 30 June 2019 Air Dancer
My air dancer working protecting the cherry tree. The cherries will be ripe in a week. The efficiency of the device ill be evaluated then.
dsc_0921_std.jpg

—————————————————————————
Air dancer elevated on a step ladder.
http://durgan.org/2019/July 2019/5 July 2019 Air Dancer/HTML/ 5 July 2019 Air Dancer
Three robins were chased from the cherry tree. Th air dancer was elevated by using a step ladder and moved closer to the cherry tree. Later on in the day no birds were observed.
dsc_1072_std.jpg
Air dancer elevated on a step ladder.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I once had a job helping to plant a cherry orchard. They were on a dwarfing root stocj so only grew about eight foot high max. and the farmer had a special machine that attached to the back of a tractor and unrolled a net as he drove up and down the rows.

Ask a Question