Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Pressure canned turnips?

Interesting, I've never tried that. I eat mine fresh, raw just peeled and salted.

Taste of the canned? I may give that a try this winter

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
UK winters are so temperate that turnips can stay in the ground until March, picking as required, so I'd only really use them for preserving if it was as an ingredient.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I get about 4 months of frost free weather. Expect a killer frost in September, Zone 5. August is harvest month for most plants. Growing season is June, July, August and most of September. And probably the last week of May. Then the white stuff.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I get about 4 months of frost free weather. Expect a killer frost in September, Zone 5. August is harvest month for most plants. Growing season is June, July, August and most of September. And probably the last week of May. Then the white stuff.
I do understand why you do what you do, my posts are so that you understand why, with certain veg, I don't do what you do.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I tend to eat vegetables. Often what is growing well. I have discovered that the slurry/pressure canning is practical, and it is efficient. I need about 350 jars so do all and sundry. It is also relatively simple.

Ask a Question