Did you get a plant for Christmas?

Reaction score
Nope and I am rather disappointed.... I hinted to so many people that I wanted a Christmas Cactus. :oops::rolleyes::( Now I am completely glum because no one took the hint. I guess I need to sent out text messages next year.... hey get me a Christmas Cactus. LOL

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one, I bet they couldn't either :D

Just the right time of year too. Is it a secure site?
You mean like Broadmoor?
Not now they've given me the key!:devil:
Yup. Fences you wouldn't want to climb over to pinch a few sprouts, and gates with chunky chains and padlocks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Nope and I am rather disappointed.... I hinted to so many people that I wanted a Christmas Cactus. :oops::rolleyes::( Now I am completely glum because no one took the hint. I guess I need to sent out text messages next year.... hey get me a Christmas Cactus. LOL
Shellyann, be on the look out for really cheap discounted Christmas cactus now that the holidays are over. You should be able to pick one up cheaper than I could send you starts. And they'd be nice sized plants.:geek: Just an idea:whistle:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

I was moaning that despite hints over the years, no one has ever got me a sugar thermometer. A few days later, one turned up in the post, sent by a forum member :)

You mean like Broadmoor?
Not now they've given me the key!:devil:
Yup. Fences you wouldn't want to climb over to pinch a few sprouts, and gates with chunky chains and padlocks.

:D( For those that are wondering, Broadmoor is a prison where we lock the real psycho cases away.)

That's good to hear, nothing worse than having your veg nicked or vandalised.

Reaction score
Shellyann, be on the look out for really cheap discounted Christmas cactus now that the holidays are over. You should be able to pick one up cheaper than I could send you starts. And they'd be nice sized plants.:geek: Just an idea:whistle:

Someone else suggested trying a local grocery store because she had seen them on clearance. I am on the lookout. Thank you for the advice. :D

@zigs you are truly loved! :D;)

Reaction score
I always look for something fun to grow. Just one of those kits that you put the soil disk in the pot and then grow the seed. I love to give those as gifts and also get them too. It is just so fun to be able to plant a tomato seed in the middle of a snow storm and watch it grow throughout winter.

Ask a Question