Did you get a plant for Christmas?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I did receive a plant for Christmas it is really 3 plants in one pot. A poinsetta, cacti and a calla lilly.

Reaction score
That sounds like a great Christmas gift. I didn't get a plant for Christmas but I found some plant pots before Christmas.
I was walking by an apartment building where someone had recently moved out and they left an assortment of plant pots of various sizes and colors by the dumpster.
Some of them were plain terra cotta, some of them had green glaze, one was cobalt blue,some were black and some had decorative painting on them. There was even one that had various openings for planting herbs. At some point I'm going to buy some small indoor plants to put in them. I just haven't gotten around to it because I'm still moving the rest of my stuff out of my old apartment.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No, but I got a book on Beech Trees by Richard Maybey :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I consider myself extremely fortunate; having been on the waiting list for a council allotment for some time, I have been offered half a plot, (approx 150 sq.m.) and my wife has said that as my Christmas present I'm to have BOTH a polytunnel AND a rotavator!!

I'm going to see the plot tomorrow noon!!!

:notworthy:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, that's fantastic Bees Bet you're well pleased :) Is it far from you?

Reaction score
No, none :p Everyone knows I'm leaving for a trip soon, and I might be leaving the country permanently soon enough, so they don't bother anymore to give me any plants, who would take care of them when I'm gone?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
No, I didn't receive any plants as Christmas gifts. My boyfriend wouldn't give me a miniature rose during winter, because he knows they go dormant when it's cold. So instead, he gave me lovely earrings:)
But I hope he'll buy me more roses during spring:D

Reaction score
I bought myself a spearmint plant for Christmas, as I very much miss the smell of growing things in the winter. Where I live the ground is frozen for 3 months every winter and I get very impatient.

I used to like mint in my ice tea: I shall have to harvest some when the plant is a bit larger!

Reaction score
Nope, no plants although I do give them as gifts as well as a few lessons on the care of the plant. People, in general, love plants but for the most part don't know much about them so I do try to give some tips and reassurance on the care and feeding of them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I got a double amaryllis which is now all planted up

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Love the smell of Spearmint :)

:D Know the feeling, piccies when you're ready please :)
I was actually at the top of the waiting list, and a full plot (300sq.m.) became available, so i was offered it!
I bit their hands off and paid my subs there and then.
It looks a bit like Borneo atm, but a machete, a strimmer and a rotavator should hopefully tame it.
I bought the previous holder's two dilapidated sheds for £10 each. (They're not long for this world, but will give me somewhere to store my gear whilst I get going.) He looked like someone who thought he had pulled a fast one, but he's happy, and I'm happy, so what the heck?

A plastic surgeon couldn't get the smile off my face.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one, I bet they couldn't either :D

Just the right time of year too. Is it a secure site?

Ask a Question