Don't know what I planted or did it plant itself?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20170429_065047.jpg
rps20170429_065119.jpg
It is in my red garden so I keep looking for a hint of red and then I'd know it was meant to be there but no sign so far. I have nurtured interlopers in the past until they're quite established until I finally realise they're actually a weed. It is autumn here so that explains the yellowing I would think. Does this look familiar to anyone? I'd love some help:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Reminds me of something I have growing next to my banana plant, it kind of looks like a tree, but I know I didn't plant it, probably came in with all the yard waste I collect to use as mulch. I treat it the same as any other plant. I allow it to grow to the point where I can ID, then I decide if it's a weed or not.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Do you have hackberry trees in Australia? It looks like a hackberry to me, and since they come up all over my flower beds (very seedy tree) I know what they look like at almost every stage--preferably dead!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:unsure: Well, it looks pretty big to have not shown you any sign of why it's there! If that is not a place you would have wanted a tree, I'd have to say it planted itself.

I don't know what it is, though. :confused:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We have something like this called Striped Maple, which is actually a Poplar. They are just large weeds and very invasive.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I think that's my philosophy too roadrunner although just maybe I give it a bit too long before giving it the boot.
I don't know whether we have Hackberry trees here marlingardener. I haven't heard of it.
MaryMary I'm sure you're right. It hasn't reassured me of why it's in this spot so it'll have to go. It's strange the way I'm so reluctant to give up on plants. I don't know what it is. Do I think that overnight it will transform into something beautifub and i just havevto give it a bit longerl?:rolleyes:
I haven't thought to check if there are any more saplings nearby Tjohn. Better do that first thing.
Thanks guys for your input. I think tomorrow, or actually in a few hours, I'll have to dig it up.

Ask a Question