Dekopon seedling yellowing leaves

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I forgot to tell you how to use blood meal. First, mix up 1 tablespoon of blood meal with a gallon of water. Blood meal will not dissolve in water unless stated on the package and I personally have never seen it. After it is mixed it should be diluted before use on a stressed plant such as yours. Shake well this solution and mix this solution 50/50 with water and pour about a cup when you water it. You can do this weekly and until the plant is green again. Once the plant is back to health again you can use the blood meal without dilution if you want but if the leaves become excessively dark green stop the use. Maintain the use of the fish as I described earlier.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I forgot to tell you how to use blood meal. First, mix up 1 tablespoon of blood meal with a gallon of water. Blood meal will not dissolve in water unless stated on the package and I personally have never seen it. After it is mixed it should be diluted before use on a stressed plant such as yours. Shake well this solution and mix this solution 50/50 with water and pour about a cup when you water it. You can do this weekly and until the plant is green again. Once the plant is back to health again you can use the blood meal without dilution if you want but if the leaves become excessively dark green stop the use. Maintain the use of the fish as I described earlier.
Thank you for this explanation Chuck, I was pretty confused on how to do this since the packaging just says to sprinkle 2 tbsp on the soil and “scratch it into the soil gently” for potted plants.

Do I use the fish fertilizer on the same day, or should I alternate the treatments?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

So I’ve been treating the two tree with the fish fertilizer and the blood meal for almost 3 weeks now and they started to regain their color and grow again.

About a week ago I noticed the tree in the green container had what looked like white spider webbing at the apical meristem. I removed it using some water and noticed that the next day that area was turning a tan color. Today I woke up and I was taking my planters outside to put in the sun when I noticed that one of the leaves on the tree in the green container has a tan spot on the leaf edge, and another small pot on the center of another leaf. Could this be some sort of fungal infection? Should I remove the leaves? Should I spray with neem oil?

Attachments

• IMG_9699.jpeg
    IMG_9699.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9697.jpeg
    IMG_9697.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9695.jpeg
    IMG_9695.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9694.jpeg
    IMG_9694.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9689.jpeg
    IMG_9689.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9688.jpeg
    IMG_9688.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I wouldn't do anything at this time except observe closely. The color is improving. I would use the blood meal at full strength now once per week.

Ask a Question