Daylilys I grow in the UK

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Any one else grow Hemerocallis aka Daylily

"One hot Mama" has to my best one this year , if you would like to see some more please ask ....

one hot mama2 2015.jpg

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your dayliliy is beautiful. Mine did not do well this year at all. They were late to bloom and have already died out. It was a really wet winter and then a few weeks of really hot weather. I did not remove the bulbs last winter I think I will ths fall to get a better showing next year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Pat

Are you growing lilies oriental or Asiatic (bulbs)?
Daylilys are a perennial plant you leave in the soil12 months of the year , thank you for you kind words its a special plant as it only got released in 2010 from the breeder in the USA Nan Wilkerson so I was fortunate to get hold of it two years ago as the new varieties take ages to get to the UK as the cost is ridiculous ££$$

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just gorgeous! Is the one in your avatar also one of yours?

I had daylilies at my last house, but just the common orange ones that crop up everywhere here in July, including growing wild in clumps along farm fields.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a gorgeous and very exotic looking flower!
Please, post more pictures of your beautiful Daylilies, I would love to see them!:D

Reaction score
Very beautiful, I love the colors :) It's a great color combination, I love that red tone and the yellow as well, that tone of red happens to be one of my favorite colors ;) Thanks a lt for sharing this picture with us, I hope to see more pics of your garden in the future :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like the mix of colors on your daylily and also the one in the back of it! I only have the yellow color daylily around my yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Those are lovely! I haven't seen any blooms yet from my daylilies. The poor things keep getting trampled though, so I am not surprised. I really do need to dig them up and put them in another location. For a while I was afraid to disturb them, then I got busy... now it just needs to be done!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
thanks guys

yes I will post some more , the red one in the background is a seedling I grew from my own seed , doesn't have a name.

From what I have read the yellow or orange variety is a like weed in America , well its not a bad one to have unless it smothers out other native plants and we have quite a few here in the UK that does that. Japanese Knot weed must be the worse one of all
@ChanellG September is the time I split them, Louisiana what time of year is fall with you (month) as thats the best time for them to settle in and re grow , TRAMPLING not good I would use a cactus in that area soon stop it ... :whistle:

Max

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thought it had been around for longer than a day :rolleyes:

Ask a Question