Growzone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using one of these mini greenhouse for many years without success,this year i used it for tomatoes but the tomatoes out side were better.
Last year i over wintered plants in there and some in a cold frame the ones i put in the mini greenhouse died but the ones in the cold frame survived.
Maybe I'm not using it properly ,i could do with some advice or shall i chuck it.

rich,

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The mini greenhouse i.e. the plastic one is too small for healthy airflow. The ones that I have are the tomato greenhouse with only one big zippable flap door. It traps a lot of condensation and when it's hot, I can smell the plastic melting. Then there is a lot of condensation. When it rains, my trays retain too much water. The only good thing is that when it is very cold, which is usually the case here in East London, I can zip up the whole thing. I would tick to cold frame. In fact, we've got wooden frame yesterday from the gc's waste bin area yesterday. Lovely sturdy wood frames, waiting to be discarded. We took them as they were too good to be chucked.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I've used the platic ones in the past. They don't do any temperature enhancement as their i terior temoerature stays in lockstep with the outside throughout the night. They are geat for potted plants that like a calm air flow.

If the plastic breaks down, now you've got a great place to store pots, etc!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I bought a couple of the plastic covered ones last fall. I got a couple of those little cheapie electric heaters to put in them. When they weren’t heating, the fans on the heaters kept the air circulating. My results were mediocre at best. It did keep my Rosemary tree alive so I guess it was worthwhile.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a couple of the plastic covered ones last fall. I got a couple of those little cheapie electric heaters to put in them. When they weren’t heating, the fans on the heaters kept the air circulating. My results were mediocre at best. It did keep my Rosemary tree alive so I guess it was worthwhile.

Sounds like a good cheap heater!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmarketingcompany

Latest Threads