Daffodils: All are not yellow

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Boaz Daffodil has copper outer petals and a reddish orange middle.
This one is close to yours, except its a double cup. This one also has a scent to it. The name is "something" Dragon, or Dragon "something. (that is all I remember, and that is lucky for me, too many of them to recall names, some stick some don't , I am not a plant label person, too many plants, too much work to that. As you see I have timed the boom of it with a nice color contract companion. Thscrub
IMG_5617 (2).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It's been my experience though, that the white varieties are actually dominant, so if planted alongside yellow ones, within a few years all of your blooms will be white. I have to keep planting yellow ones (which I like better) every couple of years in the area where the white has become dominant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
It's been my experience though, that the white varieties are actually dominant, so if planted alongside yellow ones, within a few years all of your blooms will be white. I have to keep planting yellow ones (which I like better) every couple of years in the area where the white has become dominant.
Interesting theory. So far with my over 200Thousand bulbs, blooming for past 30 years have not seen that occur. I do have large groups of white and large groups of yellows, oranges, etc next to each other. so far none has changed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Maybe it's a specific variety? I planted 100 yellow bulbs, and then about 8ft away I planted 8 of a white/yellow-cup variety-pack. Now the entire front yard comes up white/yellow-cup, even when I keep planting new yellow ones every few years for a little variety! I started a new patch in my backyard just to have an all yellow area!

Ask a Question