Daffodils pushing up in October

Reaction score
Country
United States
92F0C60D-C0BD-4898-BB11-774D90C49029.jpeg
I planted daffodil bulbs in a pot a few weeks ago in accordance with my zone for planting. We’ve had an unseasonably warm fall and I noticed today one is pushing up. Is there anything I can do?
Thanks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Darlene, we lived in upstate NY for many years, and our daffodils' greenery would often peek up in the fall. We just left them alone, let the snow cover them, and in the spring they would start to grow and then bloom.
Please realize that there are different types of daffodils--some bloom early, some later. Just enjoy whatever variety you have!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
A few years ago I planted several tulip and daffodil bulbs for a man in the Autumn. A few of the daffodil bulbs produced leaves several inches tall. I did nothing to the area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I would say, in truth, I have a sample of every time blooming daff. --- meaning, I have a gathering of a type of the earliest, the next earliest, the mid early, the mid, the mid late and latest . So from right now blooming till about end of May I have some type of daff blooming. In my selection of the process I went by the times bloomed, not necessarily what I found pretty. They all are pretty anyway. And if I had a choice I selected any with a fragrance. But also blooming now are a bunch of crocus, and blue guys, little white guys etc. lots of naturalized type of bulbs that just spit at will in drifts on the lawn. Of course in various areas are some tulips, here and there. Meanwhile my many plants are coming up, as right now the purples noses of the Virginia Blue bells are 2 inches high, the spikes of hostas are an inch. I can go on.

Ask a Question