Cilantro

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I just planted some cilantro in my herb garden, I cannot wait until it is finished! Cilantro is a constant in my household, I absolutely love it!

Reaction score
I love to use cilantro in my salads, meats, curries and grilled meat. Basically, I love cilantro. I cannot cook without herbs and cilantro is a constant. I have a container that is actually an old plastic water can cut into half with some holes drilled into the bottom. I have filled it with wormy compost, leaf mold and soil and spread a tablespoon of coriander seeds on to it and cover it with another thin layer of soil. A light misting for a few days has my cilantro growing beautifully. I spread out another teaspoon of seeds once I have harvested the bunch. Once in four months I replace the soil. This works for me...like the other herbs I grow, this also grows on my kitchen window sill.
This is why I love to grow herbs. It is easy and takes very little effort.

Thanks for the informative post! I also eat cilantro on almost everything! I've been wanting to start an indoor herb garden, but have lacked the confidence. Is there a certain time of year that is best to begin, or can cilantro grow year round?

Reaction score
I love cilantro. It is one of my favorite herbs. I not only love the way it tastes but love the way it makes my kitchen smell. However, I think it is one of the hardest herbs to grow. I can only get mine to last about a week before it dries out and dies on me. I water it just as much as I water my basil. I don’t know what I am doing wrong! Does it require a lot or a little sunlight?

Can you believe my future mother-in-law hates the way raw cilantro taste? D: I think it's crazy to be honest, there are so many things she doesn't like and cilantro is in her top 5 :p I personally love it because we use it almost for everything in our cuisine.

Ask a Question