Struggling cilantro seedlings?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4152.JPG

Any ideas on what could help my cilantro seedlings perk up? They look healthy, just weak. They seem too heavy for the tiny little stems that everything is growing from. Can I bury them a little deeper to help support them? It's been pretty overcast for like a solid week now, so they aren't getting as much sun as I wish they were, but it's clear today so hopefully that helps.

I started these as seeds and will be giving away most of them. Any advice is appreciated.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Overcrowded,too warm and not enough natural light is the problem.
Should I pluck out all but one or two in each container? They are in a south facing window and I move them to a west facing window when the south one doesnt have full sun anymore. It's still too chilly for them to go outside just yet, but I have been putting them outside for short periods to toughen them up a bit when it's warm enough outside.

I'm not sure what to do about the too warm thing. They are in a warm window for the sun. Should I move them out of the direct sunlight where it isn't so hot?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Should I pluck out all but one or two in each container? They are in a south facing window and I move them to a west facing window when the south one doesnt have full sun anymore. It's still too chilly for them to go outside just yet, but I have been putting them outside for short periods to toughen them up a bit when it's warm enough outside.

I'm not sure what to do about the too warm thing. They are in a warm window for the sun. Should I move them out of the direct sunlight where it isn't so hot?
No. Open the window.

Ask a Question