Chuck - Hot Pepper questions

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I use to have an article in my stack of gardening material where this one guy had grown Jalapeno for several years. If I recall the article right he had a 5 year old plant, that still produced.

On a side note, the other day in walmart I noticed their jalapeno peppers for sale in the fresh veg area were monster huge, almost as long as poblano peppers, just big fat and round.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I use to have an article in my stack of gardening material where this one guy had grown Jalapeno for several years. If I recall the article right he had a 5 year old plant, that still produced.

On a side note, the other day in walmart I noticed their jalapeno peppers for sale in the fresh veg area were monster huge, almost as long as poblano peppers, just big fat and round.
Yep, in perfect conditions pepper plants can live and produce for years. IIRC the world record is 7 years somewhere in Micronesia. But, as each year passes the production decreases while the chance of pathogens increases.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The fricken grounds keeper sprayed for weeds along my fence again and my peppers are dying - AGAIN!!!! :mad:

The stupid *.*.*.
I don't know of anything you can do about herbicide poisoning except to flush the plant with water and hope for the best. BTW I would move my peppers away from the fence.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They are away from the fence the vapors drift and the guy sprays it like its free because he aint paying for it. The sob can SEE my plants he's just an *******.

I am limited as to locations by where I can get a full day of sunlight.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They are away from the fence the vapors drift and the guy sprays it like its free because he aint paying for it. The sob can SEE my plants he's just an *******.

I am limited as to locations by where I can get a full day of sunlight.
Do you know the chemical?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No - something industrial it killed the weeds like nothing I've ever seen.

The plants are toast - all leaves turning yellow and all mottled in the middle of the leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I need a day just to calm down I'd like to bury my hoe in the guy's skull and then just watch him jiggle for a while.

When you say ground level you mean flush with the soil or do I leave a stalk?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I need a day just to calm down I'd like to bury my hoe in the guy's skull and then just watch him jiggle for a while.

When you say ground level you mean flush with the soil or do I leave a stalk?
At ground level. Most of the chemical herbicides are systemic. Perhaps if they get cut now you could save the roots and it might come back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How about I drive out there, we go to the two-day-a-week place, I give you the seeds and you grow them, and I buy peppers from you when they're ready.

I could eat framing nails today...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How about I drive out there, we go to the two-day-a-week place, I give you the seeds and you grow them, and I buy peppers from you when they're ready.

I could eat framing nails today...
And have you miss the fun of growing them? Nah, I don't need the practice.:) And if I did grow them that guy will still be there. Maybe you could make a sign saying NO SPRAY HERE

Ask a Question