Rest in Peace, Chuck Berry.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Chuck Berry died Saturday, March 18, at the age of 90. :(

Chuck Berry, you were Rock and Roll, before rock and roll was. To quote the late John Lennon, "If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry.' "

It's funny, if you watch the first video, those poor kids look like they're at a lecture!! They don't seem to know they're even at a concert!! :cautious:

Listen
to that guitar! Get up, and get down, dammit!

Thank you, Chuck Berry. You made the world a better place. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes indeed! I'm old enough to remember the controversy over his 1970s hit "My ding-a-ling." Radio stations, at least in the UK at the time, were banning it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Such sad news :( His music was a great gift to the world. It is a great gift to the universe too, in fact, because Johnny B. Goode features on discs born by both Voyager spacecrafts (currently in inter-stellar space).

C7P792wVsAIsyR6.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks for sharing that Becky. Chuck's music really starts you bopping doesn't it? I can't play your videos as its 4am and my cat is asleep on my lap and if the sound doesn't wake her my jigging will. A real legend.

Ask a Question