Country
United Kingdom
Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This was a very interesting site! Too bad a lot of the pictures were not available.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
This was a very interesting site! Too bad a lot of the pictures were not available.

These enthusiasts are quite intrepid. There was a lot of photographs of the interior of a local hospital which was closed a year ago as the site was to be demolished. I don't know how they got in as it was all boarded up.

The photos from the contributors to the actual message board are much more revealing. I remember last year an "intrepid BBC reporter" was given exclusive access to an old cold war bunker somewhere, much of which had been bricked up. But I checked the location on the board and there was a host of photographs taken a few years before any sort of access was prevented and far more informative. What made me smile was that the reporter wanted viewers to believe no one had been there for decades, but there was a lot of contemporary graffiti, so kids had got in before they bricked it up.

These contributors never cause any damage, just "observe."

What I find fascinating sometimes are properties where the owners have just "walked away" and it's been left for decades untouched.

Here's one such example. I was in that sort of business in the sixties, much of what you see could date from back then.

http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/misc-sites/19322-repair-shop.html

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, we are lucky to have these enthusiasts and their wonderful cameras. We are so blessed with technology .. Can't imagine talking to someone in the US just by pressing a button! LOL!

Ask a Question