so hot

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
i live in N.C. and it`s already 90degrees everyday - this is toooo early - you people that just now are beginning a garden count your self blessed - i have 4 totes they are those white containers that hold 275 gals. well i feel this year i just might use them up - i catch water in rain barrels off the roof`s - the wife was soo hot watering today she said in a round about way that she wished the garden wasan`t so big - we have 11 raised beds - could almost water twice a day - well again count your self BLESSED

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It is possibly global warming causing the weather to act crazy. I collect rain water as well, and have a raised bed. Perhaps your wife would like one of those misting fans. I recently bought one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Mister fans are handy! They are a battery-operated, hand-held fan that can hold water. Fill the compartment on the fan with cold water. Press the button to turn on the fan and point it towards your face. While fan is running, press the trigger and it will release a stream of water from behind the fans blades, creating a cool mist to your face or neck. They can be purchased at Wal-Mart if you would like to try one!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You and your wife could take them with you out to your gardens to help keep your faces cooled off while you work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Screenshot_20190525-110132_resize_54.jpg

Local word is be prepared for 100f on Monday. Maybe I will go jump in a lake.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Dirt Mechanic, I want to thank-you for all your advice. Before I go, may I ask you if ypu may know why my produce always stay small? I have yet to be able to grow anything full-size in my backyard. And what are your thoughts on peat moss?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I do not like peat moss here, as we are already acidic. What kind of produce? Does it get full sun? When do you get hotter than 85g?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
ANY produce. Tomatoes and peppers mostly. :) It is already above 85. It's 89 right now. No, my garden doesn't get morning sun. Pine trees block it. :( I have decided to leave the forum. Headfullofbees is an atheist who hates my Christianity. He is the type who would rather see me die than my even mention God's name. Therefore, I wish to no longer associate with him on this forum. I bid you farewell, and good luck with your garden, my friend.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Better not let headfullofbees see you talk about God and Jesus or he'll have you kicked off. But this is a free country, and freedom of religion- of which this country was founded upon Christianity. We should be able to talk about God. If no one likes it, they can leave.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Better not let headfullofbees see you talk about God and Jesus or he'll have you kicked off. But this is a free country, and freedom of religion- of which this country was founded upon Christianity. We should be able to talk about God. If no one likes it, they can leave.
I fear no evil. Weevils maybe.

Ask a Question