Christmas baking for 2018

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I have my Christmas cakes all baked , fed with brandy and packaged.

I made my rum balls a few weeks ago. Just finished baking the ginger bread men, meringues, ice box cookies, maraschino cookies, spritz, shortbread, snickerdoodles, mince tarts. I use nonsuch mince fromthe U. S. And all of my recipes are doubled. Got the white chocolate fudge, and the regular fudge cooked and packaged. Cooked and canned my cranberry sace and the hot version, gobblers revenge.

My feet are sore now. Taking the rest of the day off and enjoying a red wine spritzer or two...

Tomorrow I start dividing everything up into trays for my friends and family.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
All on trays and ready to give away...
20181216_091617.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
@Esther Knapicius I do this every year because I have lots of friends who don't have time to bake or they are fellows who never learned and then thee is the grandkids. I keep the trays in the garage because it is very cool and never gets down to freezing because the doors are all insulated.

Got lots of kids at the local pub too. They get preserves. They all think of me as their second Mum. :)

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This makes me more excited for Christmas! This is the only season where my family goes extravagant when it comes to desserts.

Ask a Question