Cheap greenhouse

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Beautiful greenhouse. I have a small dinky plastic one purchased from Tractor Supply. I cannot afford a nice one such as yours. John, if you were to fix gutters on your greenhouse, you could collect rainwater to use for your plants to save money rather than using chlorinated hose water so much.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The total square surface on my 9ft x 10ft greenhouse wouldnt produce much rain water. I collect rain water with 2 - 55 gallon barrels off mu house., but am considering going to a larger, 250 gallon collection unit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7
Country
United States
We considered a smaller greenhouse before we decided on the 10X12 from Harbor Freight. We live 90 miles from the Gulf and have NEARLY the climate that NW Florida has.......not "needing" it for very long before planting out. After reading MANY reviews from people who bought the smaller greenhouses, we saw SOOOO many who said they wished they had went bigger. Now, 7 months later,I think that it's hard to go too big enough for a "small" gardener. Already considering putting up another one.
How is the quality on the harbor freight green house? Is that one that can be kept up all seasons or would you have to take it down?

NE Ohio John, awesome green house!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How is the quality on the harbor freight green house? Is that one that can be kept up all seasons or would you have to take it down?

NE Ohio John, awesome green house!
Well....it stood up to Hurricane Michael, although the frame did suffer some minor twisting it really wasn't noticeable except in a couple of places when I reinstalled the blown out panels. Then less than a month later, almost all the panels were blown out, AGAIN, by a tornado that touched down close by. The frame, having already been stressed and weakened by a Category 5 hurricane, suffered more twisting but it is still, amazingly, functional.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7
Country
United States
Well....it stood up to Hurricane Michael, although the frame did suffer some minor twisting it really wasn't noticeable except in a couple of places when I reinstalled the blown out panels. Then less than a month later, almost all the panels were blown out, AGAIN, by a tornado that touched down close by. The frame, having already been stressed and weakened by a Category 5 hurricane, suffered more twisting but it is still, amazingly, functional.
That’s good to know. I always have my eye on the harbor freight ones.

Ask a Question