Simple Cheap Garden stool from scrap

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
These stools are so cheap and easy to make, I have one or two in each of my garden beds. I just leave them scattered about and I always have a seat to harvest from. Go to a construction site, and you could make these for close-to free! It's actually an old way of making milking stools. I grew up seeing these in people's barns.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
That's a great idea! I usually drag a small plastic table around to sit on, but your idea of having a couple of the stools waiting in the garden is so much better! My husband can make them easily (I direct, he executes!).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I've got some leftover pressure treat around. I may just make one for myself! better wake up my circular saw.. it's been hibernating all winter :)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A belated welcome to the forum Captain Belly; I like your style and what a useful way to utilize an offcut of timber; such a self levelling stool would be very handy to use in our steep garden; thanks for sharing. (y):)

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question