Cheap greenhouse

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I know you get what you pay for, but I'm considering a cheap greenhouse to get some peppers and a few bananas through our short winter. I think 4x6 or 6x6 would be plenty of space. I would also look into a small hearti for it. Just trying to keep the bananas going enough to get them a head start in case we get a freeze (the corms survive fine outside here).

Are the cheap ones up to such a task? Probably be from December to February to get out of the freeze risk. Amazon had options around $100. Will the material retain enough heat?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Lol..sure..

We use the google wifi mesh. I think there are 4 repeaters and the main router.

Temps, lights, programs, remote control heaters and cooling fans.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Interesting
I found outdoor 3 way plugs where each plug has three separate control names on the network. Bought 2. I thought to myself that this is a great way to freak out my wife with the Christmas lights..but for a greenhouse they would work great also..irrigation pump for example.

Alexa feed the plants...

ok.

thank you.

of course.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I found outdoor 3 way plugs where each plug has three separate control names on the network. Bought 2. I thought to myself that this is a great way to freak out my wife with the Christmas lights..but for a greenhouse they would work great also..irrigation pump for example.

Alexa feed the plants...

ok.

thank you.

of course.
:eek::LOL::LOL:

Alexa even flirt relentlessly with old men. Beware, Becky!

This man reviewing the newspapers was very taken with Alexa

After a long trip abroad

sleazy old man asked

Alexa, have you missed me?

Most definitely. I've missed you like a desert missing its eagerly awaited drop of rain!

The sucker chuckled!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We considered a smaller greenhouse before we decided on the 10X12 from Harbor Freight. We live 90 miles from the Gulf and have NEARLY the climate that NW Florida has.......not "needing" it for very long before planting out. After reading MANY reviews from people who bought the smaller greenhouses, we saw SOOOO many who said they wished they had went bigger. Now, 7 months later,I think that it's hard to go too big enough for a "small" gardener. Already considering putting up another one.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Built my own 3 seasons ago. it's 9ft x 10 ft. Scrounged & Salvaged some of the materials.

Total Cost around $1500., Haven't run power or water to it, but those are on my bucket list to do so. Still have things to do, but it's functional for me in NE Ohio

Last edited:

Ask a Question