Central heating boiler.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm a novice gardener and having now joined this excellent forum I'm thankful for all the gardening information and advice thus kindly afforded to me. What I lack in gardening knowledge I possibly make up for in other areas and here is something that might prove of interest especially now winter is heading our way meaning central heating problems for many.

About 11 years ago we had a new central heating system installed the boiler being an Ideal Isar. This worked fine until the warranty ran out then the troubles started; over the next few years this boiler became a nightmare and the last time it was repaired British Gas was on site for three days in freezing weather before finally repairing it. This boiler was so bad that we took out a British Gas servicing/repair contract and the last bill for this was around £300 for a years cover. British Gas were always brilliant and in no way to blame for the boiler breakdowns.

In January last year I was a very active member of a DIY forum and I posted a thread asking for boiler advice not wanting to install yet another unreliable boiler. I was advised to look at "Intergas" boilers and one of the forum members was top Intergas installer who had a very good reputation.

I browsed the web for lots more information and watched this YouTube video;

Ray who installed the new Intergas combi boiler was here a full day finishing at 10pm whilst it was snowing heavily outside; first job was for Ray to check the cleanliness of the water in the system. Ideal Isar and Intergas boilers are so different to each other; the Intergas doesn't have the usual parts which cause most of the breakdowns and the heat exchanger is Intergas design; Ray informed me over two million of these heat exchangers have been made without a single failure.

The video explains much better than I can but so far we love our Intergas boiler which goes about its business and when it's running I never even notice it in the workshop because its so quiet; I've topped the water pressure up about four times since it was installed which is very easy to do.

Ray also services this Intergas boiler and it had its first service this January; it comes with a seven year warranty and this can be extended to ten years at any time with a one off payment which we'll pay at the next service. Bron and I were also very pleased by how low the cost was to have this Intergas boiler installed; for what it cost us we could have a new Intergas boiler every five years compared to the yearly charge of the contract we were paying to British Gas.

Its very important to have one of these boilers installed professionally because the water quality and water pressure need to be correct.

We are just happy Intergas boiler owners and I thought I'd pass on the information because its worked for us so far.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question