New from Central Missouri.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Hello. My name is Adam, and I'm from central MO, zone 6A.

Growing up, my dad usually planted 2-4 tomato plants every year and I helped him take care of them.

2013 was my first real garden. I had multiple varieties of peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers, all of which I bought as pre started plants. And with just a small amount of effort, my little garden did fairly well.

I then moved to an apartment in a larger city with no yard, so I've been missing gardening. However, I've recently moved back to my home town and have a yard again. So I'm excited to have a garden going, and I'm doing more research and working harder on it this time. I'm already thinking ahead to next year and possibly buying a good light to start seeds indoors.
I'm also looking in to learning how to make my own hot sauce, since I'm a hot sauce/spicy food fanatic, so I have planted a lot of peppers.

This year I have 9 tomato plants (Was 11, but I think I lost 2 by transplanting when they were too weak), 34 pepper plants (8 different kinds), 4 zucchini plants, some cilantro, some Thai basil and some Red Zeppelin onions. I also planted seeds for 3 rows of corn on May 6th and 1 row of bush beans on May 7th, but nothing seems to have sprouted. They aren't in the best part of my garden, and conditions haven't been ideal (Very cold for May lately) so I may re till and re plant in the next 3-4 days.

Anyway, I'm trying to learn as much as I can, and hopefully have a better garden each year.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)A warm welcome to you @MOFISHIN . It sounds like you have a wonderful garden. What is the hottest chili pepper you are growing?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
:)A warm welcome to you @MOFISHIN . It sounds like you have a wonderful garden. What is the hottest chili pepper you are growing?

I have a ghost pepper plant. Too hot even for me :D I will try to make a sauce with them and other ingredients so maybe it's not SO unbearably hot.
I also have a tobasco pepper plant, 8 jalapeno plants, 8 cayenne plants, 4 serrano, 4 habanero, 4 sweet banana pepper, and 4 yellow bell pepper plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I hear the Trinidad Scorpion chili pepper is the hottest chili in the world. Research is being done by the military for uses in warfare. I don't even want to think about trying that one:eek:

Reaction score
Hi Adam! Welcome to the forum, I truly hope you enjoy your stay here and find it super useful. Please don't hesitate to create threads and ask questions, we are here to help :)

Ask a Question