Cannibus Plants Stink!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
To a weed smoker it smells sweet but for those who are not smokers... it stinks. There are certain varieties that also stink regardless. The one that stands out in my mind the most is named because of the way it smells, Skunk Weed. It all depends on the person mostly though. I used to be a smoker and I liked the way it smelled. Now it all stinks to me and actually makes me sick to my stomach. I have nothing against it, I just don't seem to like it.

Just the name would imply an unpleasant odor, that skunk weed. There is this celebrity who is head of an organization. He is a marijuana smoker and his problem is the odor. He cannot smoke inside his cubicle even if he is the boss for the scent of the marijuana will permeate the air in the office. Take note, marijuana is illegal here. And according to weed smokers in the olden days, the peculiar odor of marijuana's smoke cannot be denied.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just the name would imply an unpleasant odor, that skunk weed. There is this celebrity who is head of an organization. He is a marijuana smoker and his problem is the odor. He cannot smoke inside his cubicle even if he is the boss for the scent of the marijuana will permeate the air in the office. Take note, marijuana is illegal here. And according to weed smokers in the olden days, the peculiar odor of marijuana's smoke cannot be denied.

Oh it is definitely unmistakeable! Because it is legal in the state of California and I lived there for several years, you can walk down the street with a lit joint in your hand. I remember walking around and smelling it everywhere. I lived a block from a medical marijuana clinic so there was a lot of it around my neighborhood.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@toradrake I could just imagine that block in California:cool:. I remember getting high just by standing next to a guy long enough and taking in some of the hanging cloud of smoke. The smoke itself is very potent. I imagine some people could just walk down that block and get a good feeling on reaching the next end without even seeing a joint at all. Good stuff, I guess.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Washington legalized marijuana a couple of years ago and since then indoor farms have popped up just about everywhere. You can tell when you walk by a warehouse in which the plants are growing because of the horrendous pungent sour smell they produce. Am I the only one who hates the smell?

It is illegal to grow here too. I was thinking about growing it near the back of our lot just for the deer. I read somewhere that deer love this stuff. I have a long acre and would plant then down near the end of it, but then again this area that I live in is known to be the drug capital of our county and I doubt the deer would get any of it. I don't want to get arrested either.

Now when I worked in a sport and concert place many years ago, you could smell that stuff and it would make me sick on my stomach.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently encountered its burning smell on a subway train where it was so strong, I thought I would be physically ill.
I had to move to another train car. Smoking in public indoors is illegal and disgusting regardless of the substance smoked.

I suppose Cannabis is no worse than ethanol, but if people are going to consume it, they should eat it rather than smoke it, in small doses of course.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's true there are various sorts with different smells. Nobody has mentioned 'Purple Haze', a variety with red leaves, a very distinctive scent. I am 78 now and have smelt it a few times in the last sixty years as you might imagine. Hey, I lived in Brixton for a bit in the 70's. Skunk is the strongest scented, and least pleasant, people also say it is the strongest drug, but as I understand it doesn't have the same mix of active drugs in it, so it is a different experience.

Ask a Question