Can I transplant these cuttings?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
Attached are my jasmine cuttings. The two tall ones are Arabian jasmine and the shorter one on the left is midnight blooming jasmine.

Can I transplant these cuttings either into bigger containers or into the ground? If not, when is the good time to transplant them please?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9419.jpg
    IMG_9419.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 94
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What kind of container is that ? Does it have drainage holes under it ? The important thing to check before you move your cuttings is the root system. Each cutting needs to have an established bunch of roots before you transplant it.
When you`re sure of the root system, each cutting needs to go into a small pot - just enough room to accommodate the plant, and then you need to wait until the roots fill that pot.
When they do, you need to decide if weather conditions are right to plant your baby plants out. If they are not - put each one into a slightly bigger pot until the time is right. Plants are just like animals, they get stronger as they get bigger.

Ask a Question