Calla Lilies

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi saved my Calla bulbs last fall saved them in a paper bag in the cool basement. Now can I plant them in some kind of pot for spring outdoor planting. I am in zone 5. Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep., now is the time of pot them up., but still keep them from freezing temperatures. Plant them outside after the danger of frost has past and the soil temps are conducive for root growth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Yep. what Ohio John said. I had a bunch 5 years back, they multiplied quickly each year. really got tired of the digging up and storage. found someone who loved them. they have moved on.

Reaction score
Country
United States
2 years ago, a fellow co-worker stated his wife planted them a little deeper and they've survived our winters in zone 6a. I did the same that same year. They survived the winter and grew very well, but no flowers last summer. Hopefully, they survived another winter and I'll be blooms this growing season.

Ask a Question