Bumps on my tomato seedling leaves

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My tomato seedlings are about 3 wks old. They've been under grow lights since germination.
Today, I noticed clusters of bumps on the upper side of the leaves.
Anyone know what this might be?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I ditto what Chuck said. I get them and I just back off my water. However they don't cause any problems for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bumps are gone but now this...
20230423_152203.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is the aftermath of too much water, the yellowing and browning/drying of leaf margins. The yellowing is probably caused by the leaching of nutrients from the soil from too much water, especially if you were fertilizing with synthetic fertilizers. With the browning/drying there isn't anything you can do now. Just don't water as often and the plant will be fine. You will have to fertilize again if the yellowing doesn't stop. You should separate your seedlings now before they get a fungus. Either that or place an oscillating fan close by.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is the aftermath of too much water, the yellowing and browning/drying of leaf margins. The yellowing is probably caused by the leaching of nutrients from the soil from too much water, especially if you were fertilizing with synthetic fertilizers. With the browning/drying there isn't anything you can do now. Just don't water as often and the plant will be fine. You will have to fertilize again if the yellowing doesn't stop. You should separate your seedlings now before they get a fungus. Either that or place an oscillating fan close by.
Thank you.

Ask a Question