Brown spots on Calathea warscewiczii

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi everyone, my Calathea warscewiczii has recently developed weird brown spots.

I got it around 2 months ago, and apart from the spots it´s doing fine. As it´s winter where I live (Germany) I doubt it´s because of too much sun. I water it with tap water which is really soft and has little lime, so that should also be fine.
I spray it nearly everyday with water. I just recently started using warm water though, so could it be that it´s too cold? It was consistently under 0°C for quite some time (sometimes even up to -15°C), but it shouldn´t have been under +15°C in my room for too long at a time.
It´s soil is "normal" indoor plant soil, so that´s not particularly great, and it also doesn´t have a layer of clay pebbles or something. It´s not super draining, so is that the problem? I would like to repot it (in better draining soil) in spring when there´s more sun, but I could of course do it now if that may be the cause of the issue.

I know Calatheas can be a hassle, but I´m still really confused what the problem is. If there´s any seasoned Calathea grower I´d love to get some help!
Thanks in advance! :)
1672671094977.jpeg
1672671147953.jpeg
View attachment 93885

Attachments

• 1672671167110.jpeg
    1672671167110.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 8

Ask a Question