Balcony Lilac leaves turning yellow with brown spots

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi Gardeners, my lilac on my balcony has leaves turning yellow with brown spots. It started on a few branches on one side and now taking over the whole foliage.

Exposition is south. The plant has plenty of sun. I water it every night but we had a few heatwaves here in Germany and the plant was not watered everyday when we went on vacation a month ago. The issue had started before however, but was worse when we got back.

We bought the plant early spring before spring growth, it's now up to close to 2m high, and stands in a 55cm wide pot.

What could it be and what can I do? Can I save it and bring it back to health? Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

It is a bacterial disease. Id be tempted to cut the bad leaves off and spray the remaining leaves with straight 3% hydrogen peroxide so it kills the bacteria. Otherwise you are on the downhill slope.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I don't see any signs of disease and from your description it sounds like it is drying out too much. How much water do you give it when you water?

Ask a Question