Bringing any kind of bird into the garden.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, you're not actually bringing in the birds but you can listen to them. Right now I'm listening to a tropical mocking bird on YouTube. I bought a portable Bluetooth speaker on Amazon for under $25 dollars. Paired it with the computer and voila! I can listen to any bird I want. Tonight at dusk I'm going to listen to Loons and Whippoorwills. The neighbors will think that new birds have come to enjoy the creek. The speaker is powerful I can hear it well over 100 feet away. It's really AMAZING!

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's amazing how far technology has come that we can get such good sound quality for that price. I totally get the neighbors being confused with all the species of birds - you have to love nature.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Technology may have its place, but it worries me that the real birds and bees have more problems these days because of some of it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's definitely a valid concern; it's a real bummer that technology could be impacting our environment like that. It's definitely a tricky one, trying to balance the good stuff tech can do with the negative impacts it can have. But I'm still a fan of tech, and it's important to remember that the same tech can also be used to help us find solutions to these issues. It's all about finding the right balance.

Ask a Question