Bringing in the wild

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
As most of us know everything that we have in our gardens came from the wild and that includes roses. There are many out there waiting to be recognised and I am happy to say my garden has a pride of place for some of them.

blue creeper.jpg
bluebells.jpg
DSC04261.JPG

Reaction score
You have a really beautiful garden :) Thanks for sharing those beautiful pics with us, I might be doing the same next year ;) I won't be living in a country as warm as yours, so i doubt i can grow flowers half as beautiful s the ones you guys can grow there, but I'll give it a try ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These pictures are gorgeous, Grouie! Thank you for sharing them. I'd love to see the rest of your garden, I'm sure it looks amazing:) What is the name of the plant in the first and second picture?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful flowers! I think the first two are Creeping Charlie? I have them in my garden and they took over a big part of my back yard. I uprooted them but they just keep coming back stronger.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
If I had a larger yard or lived outside the city, I would preserve a corner to let some of the wild do it's thing. For now, I'll just have to settle for cultivated wild flowers. I'm dedicating an area near my edibles for the pollinators. I heard there was a hummer in the yard this morning before I came back - maybe I'll see one next week after my housesitting gig is up.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
These pictures are gorgeous, Grouie! Thank you for sharing them. I'd love to see the rest of your garden, I'm sure it looks amazing:) What is the name of the plant in the first and second picture?
First things first. Unlike you I am no good at knowing the names (lol). I tried to find out and got the name for the first one - Thunbergia grandiflora (Trumpet vine). The second one I call it blue bells. Just cannot find the name.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never been good at knowing the names either, haha:) Don't worry, there are many people here who can recognize any plant, I'm sure they'll be willing to help you. Trumpet vine is gorgeous!:)

Ask a Question