Bring on 2015!

Reaction score
My 2015 garden arrived this past week. On Black Friday I got an email from seedsnow. 50% off all orders. The entire thing cost me $16. I've started making my paper pots. I get so excited when I get my new seeds and start planning, makes me forget how frigid it is outside.:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
Wow it is only December and you start the seedlings already? Maybe that's what I have been doing wrong all these years, I start my veggies in March. Normally it is pretty cold in New York till at least Late April. We did have a few very unusually hot springs about two years back when everything went sort of crazy in my garden.

I do get excited when the catalogs start coming, dreaming up what area to focus on next. i got lucky i have like 8 ft of garden space that i have been slowly filling in. I am at where the foundational plants are set so this year is just adding the annuals for a pop of color in between.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Meowmie, this sounds like so much fun:) I love getting new seeds and planning where to plant them. It's one of my favorite things to do. Gardening can be pretty exciting:D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It sounds like fun to start your plants while it is still cold outside. Do you use a grow light when the sprouts start to grow. I think I will get a grow light for the winter months, my plants are not getting enough light and it will give me more choices of where I can put my plants.

Reaction score
Yes, I do keep my seedlings under lights. And I start them out on a warming pad. It also gives me a good place to give my houseplants a day of 'sunshine'.

Reaction score
I like to grow apple trees from seed. It actually very easy. They don't usually produce fruit, and they aren't usually nice fruit even if the trees do produce, but its still fun to plant any way, or to bonsai. I usually try to germinate them half way through winter in my fridge. Just place on damp cotton wool in a bank bag and seal. Then place in fridge. Its really that easy. After about 2 weeks, there will be roots, then they can be planted in a pot until they're stronger.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like to grow apple trees from seed. It actually very easy. They don't usually produce fruit, and they aren't usually nice fruit even if the trees do produce, but its still fun to plant any way, or to bonsai. I usually try to germinate them half way through winter in my fridge. Just place on damp cotton wool in a bank bag and seal. Then place in fridge. Its really that easy. After about 2 weeks, there will be roots, then they can be planted in a pot until they're stronger.

If I plant apple trees, I would like to have at least couples of apples to munch on to see if they are good or not. I don't have enough space in my yard to plant them just for fun, but the bonsai idea is really interesting though. I want to that if they don't produce fruits. I will try with Gala apples :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think I will start some paper pots to start my seed now so that they will be ready to be put into the ground in a few weeks.

Reaction score
Cool. For me all the gardening will take place in 2016. I envy all of you :( Most of you have already started working on their gardens and here I am!

Ask a Question